Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Some thoughts from home

After our visit with our Hungarian folks the quints' grandpa (Misi papa) and their great grandpa shared the following thoughts with us.
They are too precious to be only kept in a journal book. Here they are:

Grandpa's thoughts (by the way he will be visiting us this spring:) We are counting down the days!

Our two weeks together in September were short but on the other hand it had a lasting effect because I can still remember very vividly how I fed them, comforted them, held them in my arms, traveled with them, they were pinching and trampling me. When I got into their little fenced playground I heard them laugh, cry, I saw them standing up, crawling, fighting and working together.
Since I met your big family I appreciate all the perseverance, strength, gentleness and professional care you do with your little ones even more.
Two weeks are more than 14 days because you are still “here” with us. These two weeks showed how wonderful it is to meet in person. So I will try even harder that it will happen again. I am patient because waiting is also a great thing if I know that we will have wonderful memories when I will get to visit you.
Another thing, which touched me, was to see how many people love you.
Quotation from Great grandpa's letter

(He is 92 years old and sharp as a tack:)
On September 12th 2008 we were blessed with some unforgettable days. Our great grandchildren came to visit us. Praise the Lord our Almighty God that we are still alive to experience all of this. We were personally able to hug them, kiss them and cherish these sweet little angels. Hanna and Annabelle are always on the go and they are curious about everything. Lili is a bubbly little girl, always cheerful and full of smiles. Thomas is like a little soldier who is always ready to fight to get some toys. Mate is calm and always has a smile for whoever is with him. Everybody is smiley they don’t cry and have no fear when they are surrounded with strangers. These were wonderful days. Now all the beautiful and unforgettable memories stay with us in our hearts. They brought so much happiness in our life. However everything comes to an end. We had to say goodbye to our great grandchildren because it was time for them to fly home. Physically a huge ocean separates us but under the same blue sky we are always there with you in Spirit. We are collecting and looking at photos of our darling great grandchildren and we cherish them as we remember…
Dear Marianna and David! As long as it’s possible and we can let us love and embrace each other together with our great grandbabies.
Our darlings! You are the continuation of our lives! One day I will be standing among you. I will be standing there and saying while I am pointing at them “Look at them Lord! They are the milestones of my life’s journey. This was my journey, which led to you. Please forgive me. They continue to live and love after me.

„Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”- Psalm 37:4

No comments: